Air Cadet Dress Instructions & Uniform Regulations
1. Numbered orders of dress:
|Regular Parade Night||FTU (C3B if FTU has not been issued)||FTU (C3 if FTU has not been issued)|
|CO's Parade or other formal event||C1A or C3 (as ordered)||C1A|
|Optional activies||Relaxed civilian attire||Relaxed civilian attire|
|Excursions / Trips||C3B or FTU as ordered*||C3 or FTU as ordered*|
|Summer Camps||Usually FTU - verify kit list||Usually FTU - verify kit list|
|Social events||Relaxed civilian attire||Relaxed civilian attire|
*In some cases, cadets will be ordered to wear relaxed civilian attire.
2. The Cadet Dress Instructions are available for download, here: Dress Instructions (5 MB)
3. All questions regarding dress, deportment, drill or ceremonial shall be passed up the chain of command.
How to wear the Field Training Uniform (FTU)
706 Squadron will be one of the FIRST in CANADA to be outfitted with the new FTU's (Field Training Uniform)! As soon as cadets are issued this uniform, they will be expected to wear it for all regular training nights, the field training exercise and any other activity as designated by the CO. FTU's will also be worn at summer training courses!
But don't get rid of your dress uniform! You will need this for all ceremonial parades including CO's parades!
How to wear FTU's
The following items shall be worn (see photos below):
- Wedge Cap (Until further notice, cadets have been authorized to wear the wedge cap with FTU's.)
- Field Shirt
- Blue T-shirt under the field shirt
- Field Pants and Belt
- Field Boots
- Issued all-season jacket
Click here for more details
Caring for your FTU boots
Wearing of Civilian Attire during Cadet Training
1. Parade Nights
Proper civilian attire should be worn whenever a cadet cannot wear his/her uniform to regular training or other activities.
Proper civvies for all cadets consists of the following:
- White dress shirt (tucked in)
- Tie (black)
- Dark dress pants
- Dress shoes worm with socks (no running shoes)
Cadets may wear their squadron T-Shirt instead of the white dress shirt and tie (tucked in).
2. Relaxed Civilian Attire
Relaxed attire is worn on all other occasions or when ordered by the CO. When cadets are authorized to wear relaxed civilian attire (during team practices, social occaisions, or other activities), they are free to wear what they wish as long as it is in good taste and does not include the forbidden items listed below.
During sports or PT (Physical Training) activities, the following items must be worn:
- Sport shoes and socks
- Shorts or athletic pants (depending on preference and temperature)
- T-shirt (a sweater may be worn depending on temperature)
- If the activity is conducted outdoors, a hat (baseball cap or other)
The following items of clothing and accessories are not to be worn unless specifically authorized by the CO:
- Oversized, low-rise or ripped pants.
- Any item of clothing displaying distasteful or offensive language or images, such as sexual, racial, violent or other inappropriate themes.
Do you need a uniform part replaced? Email the Supply Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
First and Last name
Why its needed (lost, stolen, too big, too small, never received)
Male or Female
Current size (if applicable)