All activities are cancelled until further notice.
What to wear for the next training night
DRILL TEAM PRACTICE IS CANCELLED FOR MARCH 13, 2020
MARKSMANSHIP COMPETITION CANCELLED THIS WEEKEND
In light of the recent announcement by the Ontario Government to close all public schools (K-12) starting March 14, cadets will be cancelled until further direction is recieved from our chain of command.
More information on upcoming activities including the marksmanship competition will be transmitted tomorrow.
We thank you for your understanding.
Major S. Southern
12 March 2020 - Regular Training Night
MARCH BREAK STAND-DOWN
There will be no training on March 19th.
For all other activities please consult the event calendar.
Infection Prevention and Hygiene
The National Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Support Group has been directed to adopt an aggressive posture to minimize personnel risk of exposure and to prevent the CAF and cadets from becoming a transmission vector.
The safety and welfare of everyone who participates in the Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Programs is always our top priority. In the context of the current episode of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we would like to reassure cadets and their families that we are taking the situation seriously.
Below are some helpful preventative hygiene measures that we can all use and benefit from during cadet activities:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm running water for 20 seconds (especially before eating);
- We will provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer for cadets to use before break;
- You should avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands;
- Apply appropriate cough and sneeze procedures in public to reduce the spread of germs, meaning, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue (or your arm if a cloth is not available) and immiadtely discard the used tissue in the garbage as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards;
- Exercise caution when spending time in large crowds;
- Do not attend cadet activities when you are ill (even if you feel functional);
- If you become ill with fly-like symptoms, notify a healthcare providor as soon as possible.
Furthermore, we request that if any cadet/staff/volunteer is aware of a potential exposure to an infectious disease that they notify the Commanding Officer as soon as possible so that we may record your excused absence. Cadets will NOT be penalized for their absence during the time they need to recover before returning to cadet activities.
In line with other youth organizations and schools, the National Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Support group are continuing to actively monitor the situation, in cooperation with local, provincial and federal health officials, and will adjust our approach as it continues to unfold. The regional cadet headquarters will continue to monitor the actions taken by other civic and governmental organizations. At this time, no regional or local activities are cancelled or postponed.
Aby questions can be directed to the Commanding Officer, Maj S. Southern directly.
A. CANCDTGEN 008/20 - Canadian Cadet Organizations - COVID-19
2020 Summer Camps - Information at your fingertips!
At this time, applications for the the National summer courses, Advanced summer courses, Regional summer courses (Quota camps) and Staff Cadet opportunities have been published.
Now, in order to ensure all the information is readily available, we have moved everything to the "Summer Training" tabs under the "Training and Orders" menu up top.
In the following pages you will find general transport arrangements, dates, joining instructions and any other relevant information as it becomes available.
- For information about Regional Summer Training (Quota Camps) click here. Application deadline is March 6th
- For information about Advanced Courses click here. Applications are now closed and we are awaiting selections.
- For information about National Summer Courses click here. Applications are closed and we are awaiting selections.
- For information about Staff Cadet opportunities click here. Applications are now closed and we are awaiting selections.
- For information about the United States Civil Air Patrol Officer School click here. Application deadline is March 3rd.
- New! For information about Music Camps click here. Application deadline is EXTENDED to March 6th.
- New! For information about the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo click here. Application deadline is March 6th.
Frequently asked questions
Can I apply for a Regional Summer Training Camp if I have already applied for an Advanced Course or a National Course?
YES! You can apply to as many camps as you like. If you are selected for a higher-level course, your application for a lower-level course will be automatically withdrawn.
What if I am selected for a camp, but I am no longer able to attend?
Simply advise us at email@example.com and your name will be withdrawn so the next cadet can have the opportunity to go.
When will I know if I have been selected for a summer camp?
Glider, power and IACE will be early March. Advanced courses should also be in the March to April range. We anticipate all other camps will be announced by the end of March.
Air Cadet League of Canada Scholarships 2020
DEADLINE - April 1st, 2020
The average tuition fees for an undergraduate degree in canada is $6,463 per year. Wondering how you will pay for your post-secondary education?
Apply to one of NINE scholarships offered by the Air Cadet League of Canada!
Thousands of dollars are available!
All you have to do is complete an ACC64 application form before April 1st.
Visit the Air Cadet League of Canada website today for instructions! https://bit.ly/3aFrFzG