FIRST NIGHT BACK - OCTOBER 1ST
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Our First Training Night is OCTOBER 1ST
- Starting on October 1st, we will begin our virtual program. We will roll out our in-person training program at a later date.
- All returning cadets will need to update us with your contact information. This will allow us to ensure that you are able to register for the online training platform.
- A special online registration information night will occur for parents/guardians on Thursday, October 1st
- Letters to read:
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE UPCOMING TRAINING YEAR?
Welcome to all new and returning cadets!
We are excited to welcome you back for another fun year of training!
This year, we will be taking a new and innovative approach to program delivery. Starting on October 1st, we will begin our combined virtual and in-person training program (with in-person training to begin at a later date)!
Here's what you need to know to get started on the right foot.
- All returning cadets will need to update us with your contact information. This will allow us to ensure that you are able to register for the online training platform! Click here to update your information: Cadet Contact Information Update (update: fixed link)
- All cadets will also need to fill out a copy of the Annual Validation Form to be returned on the first night back in-person. (to be provided in-person)
- All interested in joining our program can access the registration package on our website.
- A special information night will occur for parents/guardians on Thursday, October 1st. Visit www.706aircadets.ca to register!.
- Take a look at our "New Cadet Guide Book"
- Cadets will be required to attend training (even virtual!) in the new Field Training Uniform (FTU). How do I wear this uniform?
- Cadets will only be asked to wear their dress uniforms (C1A) on special occasions or during in-person parades. Cadets will be informed when they need to wear it.
- New cadets: please complete the "new cadet uniform request" so we can order you a uniform (once your registration is completed).
- Returning cadets: if you need to exchange uniform parts, "returning cadet uniform exchange request" so we can set up a meeting with the supply officer as soon as possible.
- Both requests are available here under the heading "Uniforms - Initial Issue or Exchange Requests"
- Cadets not returning (aged out, etc.): Please prepare your uniform for return by putting it in a sealed plastic garbage bag or box with your name on it. We will let you know when you can return it!
Details about the Training Year
- Most weeks, cadets will participate in virtual training through the Google Classroom and Google Meet platforms.
- To register for a class associated with your level, each cadet will require an email address (two cadets cannot be associated with one email address). We suggest registering for a Gmail account, but this is not required. Cadets will use the same email address to access their virtual classroom every week for the remainder of the year.
- Cadets will be engaged in virtual training lessons via Google Meet (the meeting link will be provided in your classroom) or by pre-recorded video sessions. For live sessions, cadets will be expected to wear their FTU for the duration of the virtual training sessions.
- Attendance is mandatory and will be taken during the beginning of each virtual training period… so don’t be late!
- Cadets will be asked to attend in person roughly once monthly. Due to capacity limitations, we can only accommodate one level at a time, so we have to stagger everyone’s in-person training.
- We will begin in-person training programs when we are able to.
- On arrival, cadets will be asked to sign in. Before leaving home, cadets will also be asked to complete the national COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool – if you’re displaying any symptoms associated with COVID-19, please stay home! (Don’t worry, you won’t be penalized, just let us know).
- Note: The COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool will always advise you to stay home, even if you are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. They follow with precautions you should take if you do leave your home.
- We will use only one classroom this year (and we will be the ONLY users of that classroom all year). Cadets will be asked to enter the building through the designated entrance and exit through the designated exit. Parents must remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Uniforms to be worn are the FTU unless told otherwise. Cadets must follow 2 m physical distancing and will be required to wear reusable face masks at all times (even outside!). We will provide masks if needed at a later date, but for now, cadets may wear any mask they want.
CO’s Challenge: Who has the funkiest mask?
- We expect that cadets will be able to start in-person training in a limited capacity soon. We will let you know as soon as we get the green light.
Duke of Edinburgh Challenge
Did you know that you can complete a lot of the requirements on your own time? Why not use this time to register for the program and complete the challenge!? For more info contact us: Click here
Information for Parents/Guardians
This year, we require that parents remain in their vehicles at all times. Except in the case of an emergency, under no circumstances can parents or guests leave their vehicles. Please remember, we are invited guests on an active military base, and we must abide by their rules at all times.
We realize that in some cases, parents/guardians need to meet with the commanding officer or the administration officer. For this, we invite you to register for a virtual appointment with us (more information in a separate communication). This will help us ensure that we are still available for you, regardless of the situation.
Questions? Please let us know so we can address them. CO@706aircadets.ca
EVENT - Oct 1 Virtual Recruiting Information Session
An online recruiting session will be hosted by the Commanding Officer on October 1st at 7:30 PM. The meeting will be hosted on Google Meet and participants are asked to register below.
If we exceed our capacity a second meeting will be scheduled!
Cadet Program Update
UPDATE: We have received some questions about when we will resume activities, and how they will proceed. Please bear with us, we are currently putting together a plan which incorporates both virtual and in-person activities. We will provide you with more information soon. In the meantime, you can expect to begin some virtual activities prior to October 1st, but we reiterate that no in-person activities will occur before October 1st.
Thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you soon!
INTERESTED IN JOINING? Please click here to obtain instructions.
Greetings to all cadets and families!
I hope you have had a great summer! To those cadets who participated in summer programming such as the Virtual CTC or staff cadet positions, I hope you enjoyed your experience and learned something! To everyone else, I hope you have had the chance to enjoy the fantastic weather that we've had. It's been nice to see such a warm and sunny summer season.
I want to take this opportunity to update our community members about the start of the new cadet training year.
The BGen D. Cochrane, Commander of the National Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Support Group, has provided new information about the expected delivery of the cadet training program which can be found here: Cadet Program Update
In short, there will be no in-person training until at least October 1st. Cadets will be allowed to resume only once the CO has been able to ensure all safety precautions are in place, and that approval has been granted from our headquarters to resume activities.
More information about what training nights will look like will come to you at a later date. Still, I can say that we are considering a variety of options at our disposal to ensure that all cadets have a chance to participate in cadet activities in ways that make them feel safe and comfortable.
The CO, staff and Sponsoring Committee remain committed to providing cadets with excellent programming, and the tools and skills they need to become leaders and model citizens. We are all eager to get going again, and we look forward to seeing many familiar faces at cadet nights once again.
Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your patience and support.
Major Scott Southern
What to wear for the next training night
DRILL TEAM PRACTICE IS CANCELLED FOR MARCH 13, 2020
MARKSMANSHIP COMPETITION CANCELLED THIS WEEKEND
In light of the recent announcement by the Ontario Government to close all public schools (K-12) starting March 14, cadets will be cancelled until further direction is recieved from our chain of command.
More information on upcoming activities including the marksmanship competition will be transmitted tomorrow.
We thank you for your understanding.
Major S. Southern
12 March 2020 - Regular Training Night
MARCH BREAK STAND-DOWN
There will be no training on March 19th.
For all other activities please consult the event calendar.